Work as we know it is fundamentally changing
The recent ‘New Work Smarts’ report by the Foundation for Young Australians has found a third of young people are unemployed or underemployed. Of those seeking to improve their career prospects, 60% are studying for jobs that will be obsolete in 30 years time. Rapidly evolving technologies are shifting the way we work and the types of jobs available. In response, we need to equip youth with the right skills, information and opportunities to succeed in the future workplace.
The Future of Youth Skills & Employment conference brings together the key government, community and education stakeholders responsible for supporting the next generation of Australians into meaningful and sustainable work in our changing economy.
Attend & learn strategies for:
- Embracing the future of automation & the changing workplace
- Strengthening youth support & access to emerging opportunities
- Developing new pathways for vulnerable or disengaged youth
- Driving education in entrepreneurship & transferrable skill-sets
- Fostering outcomes-focused partnerships between industry, education & community
Who will attend?
Representatives from government, education & community sectors with
- Skills & Employment Services
- Vocational Education & Training (VET)
- Youth Support & Engagement
- Education Pathways & Transitions
- Careers Advice
- Industry Partnerships
Attend to learn:
- Embrace the future of automation & the changing workplace
- Improve access to information & emerging opportunities
- Develop new pathways for vulnerable or disengaged youth
- Drive education in entrepreneurship & transferrable skill-sets