Building a cross-sector network to strengthen youth employment outcomes
Youth unemployment continues to be a big issue in Australia. Nationally, around 12.4% of all young people are unemployed as structural and personal barriers impact the ability for young people to secure work and transition from education to employment.
On top of this, the employment landscape is rapidly evolving; pathways are less linear and the impact of Industry 4.0 means that young people now will be stepping into new jobs that might not exist yet.
Whilst this brings new opportunities it also creates more choice, confusion and challenges for young people. However, one thing is clear, youth need to be more adaptable, resilient and equipped with the right information, skills and work
experience for the next wave of change and innovation. So how can we achieve this and re-engage youth on a pathway to meaningful employment?
The Youth Pathways to Further Education, Training & Employment conference will bring together representatives across government, community, education, employment and industry to collaborate and showcase national and local approaches to provide young people with a more seamless transition to employment.
Hear from leaders across education, employment and industry across a highly interactive program
Attend and learn
- Strategies to build cross-sector partnerships to enrich youth employment opportunities
- How to work with disengaged youth and young people with mental ill-health
- Innovation happening in school to work transition and new entry pathways
- Tools, skills and resources to support youth career management and navigation
- How to better align education, training and industry to improve youth employment outcomes
- About the changing job market and effective approaches to prepare young people for the future of work
Who will attend?
- State & Federal Government
- Local Councils & LLENs
- Private & NFP Employment Services
- School, University & Vocational Education & Training (VET)
- Youth NGOs
With responsibilities for
- Skills & Employment Services
- Community/Economic Development
- Education Pathways & Transitions
- Industry Partnerships
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Youth Support & Engagement
Attend to learn:
- National & state government initiatives to drive youth employability
- Building strong cross-sector partnerships to support skill building opportunities
- Community infrastructure to deliver employment solutions & link youth to local opportunities
- Effective pathways & strategies to re-engage disengaged youth