Tackle stigma & make mental health a priority
Recent government inquiries such as the Australian Public Service Mental Health Capability Review and Wellbeing at Work Report have shed light on the pressing need to address employee mental health as a means of ensuring an overall healthier and more productive public sector workforce. However, many government agencies are facing persistent challenges in addressing the stigma of mental health in the workplace, engagement of managers and normalising conversations around mental health, coupled
with the added challenge of developing a high quality strategy to address these issues.
This Public Sector Workplace Mental Health Strategies conference is an essential opportunity for government agencies to better understand how to navigate the issue of employee mental health. Learn from peers across the public sector and take away practical strategies to develop a positive workplace culture and improve employee mental health outcomes.
Why should you attend this conference?
- A thorough understanding of the importance of mental health in the workplace
- An appreciation for the positive benefits of investing in mental health and wellbeing
- Insights from senior leadership champions of employee wellbeing on driving organisational culture change
- Lessons from evidence-based case studies in designing and implementing mental health initiatives
- Tools to address and overcome barriers to reducing stigma
- Strategies to develop a comprehensive, relevant, & effective mental health strategy
Who will attend?
Senior leaders from Federal, State & Local Government, and Public Hospitals & Health Services, with responsibility for:
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Work Health & Safety
- Health & Wellbeing
- People & Culture
- Human Resources
Attend to learn:
- Destigmatise mental health in the workplace & transform organisational culture
- Engage leaders & managers in normalising the conversation around mental health & wellbeing
- Evaluate the latest research to develop an evidence-based mental health strategy
- Implement proactive mental health initiatives based on best-practice case study examples