Seize the opportunity to progress your career
Women make up around 59% of the APS, with the majority of these women holding positions at a classification level of EL2 and below, particularly at the APS4 classification where women occupy almost 70% of positions. This means it isn’t a lack of potential female leaders in the pool, nor a lack of opportunities for leadership roles, but various roadblocks to career progression preventing the APS from achieving greater gender equality.
This year, join foremost female leaders and male champions of change to gain practical strategies to overcome the obstacles that lay in your path and seize the right opportunities for career progression. Designed specifically for an online format, the Public Sector Women in Leadership Digital Summit is your opportunity to get around social distancing and connect with like-minded peers from across the public sector. Hear incredible true stories about overcoming hardship, facing challenges head on and succeeding anyway. Walk away inspired and energised.
- Gain invaluable career advice from the personal stories and lessons learned from senior women within the APS
- Affect real change in your organisation by learning how to lead with influence from Male Champions of Change and inclusive leaders
- Bypass social distancing and keep growing your skills by connecting digitally with like minded leaders from across Commonwealth and State Government
- Go beyond the expert speakers and tap into the knowledge and expertise of your peers through thoughtfully designed Interactive sessions
- Personalise your learnings by joining interactive workshops on Emotional Intelligence and Resilience led by world class facilitators
Who will attend?
- Senior and aspiring leaders from all levels of Government
- HR, Diversity, Learning & Development, Inclusion and Cultural Change
- Male Champions of Change
- Executive Leadership Teams
Attend to learn:
- Build & strengthen your resilience to overcome personal & professional obstacles
- Tackle career & leadership challenges head on & actively seek out opportunities for growth
- Define your purpose & transition successfully from a specialist to a generalist
- Develop an authentic leadership brand, understand your value & cultivate emotional intelligence