Empowering women to advance their careers in healthcare
Women comprise over 70% of the healthcare workforce in Australia, yet represent around 30% of leadership roles and a staggering 13% of C-suite roles. We also know that women make over 80% of the healthcare decisions in the home. With the current movement towards more patient-centric care here in Australia, it is imperative that the leadership within the industry become more representative of that key demographic. Because of this, we have developed the Women in Healthcare Leadership Summit to bring together some of the field’s foremost female leaders and male champions of change. Through interactive sessions, anecdotal presentations and engaging panel discussions, attendees will gain key strategies for progression in the healthcare industry and learn lasting skills to develop a sustainable and fulfilling leadership career.
This year’s theme: From survive to thrive
The healthcare industry is particularly demanding, whether you are just starting out or at the height of your leadership career. With unpredictable hours, high-pressure & high-stress situations, and constant change, how do you overcome obstacles & build a sustainable leadership career? This year, come together with industry leaders from all over the country to help you develop the power, promise and potential to not only survive, but truly thrive as a female healthcare leader.
Learn practical strategies to
- Overcome obstacles to career progression & build resilience in a stressful environment
- Elevate your communication skills to motivate & engage staff & clinicians
- Juggle personal & professional responsibilities even in challenging times
- Drive innovation & transformation & champion patient-centric care
- Build stronger professional relationships to underpin your career & foster advancement
- Make your value visible & lead with influence & impact for a lasting healthcare career
Who will attend?
- Current, future and aspiring women leaders from all roles in healthcare
- HR, Diversity, Learning & Development, Inclusion and Cultural Change professionals
- Male Champions of Change and those looking to better understand the challenges women face in the industry
Attend to learn:
- Develop an impactful & authentic leadership style to empower staff & clinicians
- Foster resilience & work/life balance as a female leader in healthcare
- Overcome obstacles, break through bias & stand out for leadership opportunities
- Drive change, transformation & innovation to improve patient outcomes