How are you tackling the challenges of embedding differentiation into modern pedagogy?
With NAPLAN under increased scrutiny and the increased expectations for schools to tailor teaching approaches to diverse learning needs, differentiation has emerged as a top priority for schools across Australia. Differentiated teaching is critical to supporting students at the right level and improving learning outcomes, and it is essential that schools develop strategies to accurately identify and analyse student performance, develop personalised teaching strategies and engage teachers to embed differentiation into the classroom.
The Implementing Differentiation in Teaching & Learning conference will bring together representatives from Independent, Catholic and Public schools to begin an interactive discussion on how schools can tackle some of the biggest challenges to differentiated teaching. It will also provide an opportunity to collaborate and strategise to better assess and group students on the basis of individual capabilities, develop a whole of school approach to differentiation, and implement differentiation in everyday teaching to achieve improved learning outcomes for students across Australia.
What you will take away from this event
- An understanding of how differentiation can meet the needs of 21st century students for better outcomes
- Solutions to overcome the challenge of developing accurate & differentiated assessment techniques
- Strategies to develop a whole of school approach to differentiation
- Ideas to engage & upskill teachers to differentiate in the classroom
- Insight into the use of adaptive teaching frameworks
- Case studies from leading schools who are innovating to differentiate at all levels
Who will attend?
Principals, Assistant Principals, Deputy Principals, Directors, Heads, Leaders with responsibilities for:
- Professional Learning
- Teacher/Student Excellence
This conference is also relevant for teachers looking to embed differentiated teaching into their classrooms.
The Implementing Differentiation in Teaching & Learning Conference will contribute 13 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Attend to learn:
- Embed differentiation into practice through a whole of school approach
- Strategically assess & identify student capability & knowledge
- Analyse assessment data to understand student needs & create a differentiation strategy
- Make data accessible to teachers to enable differentiated approaches