How can we effectively support the wellbeing of school leaders and teachers?
The world and life as we know it has changed due to COVID-19. Schools have had to respond to weekly recommendations resulting in rapid change, confusion and concern. Teachers are at the front line of these changes with high demands & expectations placed upon them. Teaching is already known to be a profession experiencing high stress and now this is even higher.
Join Daniela Falecki, an educational specialist in wellbeing, as she identifies ways educators can be ‘first-responders’ to their own wellbeing. Through the science of Positive Psychology, you will learn realistic and practical approaches to not only support wellbeing but learn to navigate constant and rapid change with the skills of Mental Toughness.
Attend and learn:
- How to be a First-Aid responder to your own wellbeing
- The shift from convergent-thinking to divergent-thinking
- How to tap into your own emotional and cognitive needs
- The truth about work-life balance
- The importance of Maslow before Blooms
- How the 4C’s of Mental Toughness are more relevant than ever
- Learn specific wellbeing and resilience literacy
- Apply a framework for developing growth mindset in teachers
- Further links to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy as tools for self-care
- Solution-focussed reflection tools
Who will attend?
School Leaders and Teachers from Primary and Secondary Education including those with roles and responsibilities for:
- Principal/ Assistant Principal
- Head of Junior/Senior School
- Year Coordinator
- Pastoral Care / Wellbeing Co-ordinator
- Classroom Teacher
What can I expect from a virtual masterclass?
Even though we are going virtual don’t worry – you won’t miss out on any of the benefits of a face to face event!
Here’s what you can expect.
- Highly interactive learning – Designed to give you all the same interactive and hands-on learning experiences you normally would, you won’t be a passive observer in this Masterclass. Get involved through small group breakout sessions, Q&A, and activities.
- Designed at your pace – We know how teachers like to learn and that you are time-poor. Broken into three modules, this Masterclass packs in fresh and need to know content over a short space of time to maximise your learning.
- Networking opportunities – You’ll get the chance to collaborate and problem solve with a new network of like-minded peers from outside your existing school community.
- Easy to use digital resources – Walk away with a suite of resources and materials for you and your school community.
The Mental Health & Wellbeing for Teachers and School Leaders Masterclass will contribute 6 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW
Attend to learn:
- Improve teacher efficacy with renewed approaches to enhance holistic teacher wellbeing
- Strategies to support you & your students navigate change & uncertainty
- Understand how to use First Aid for teacher wellbeing to support self-care
- The concept of Mental Toughness & how you can apply the principles to enhance resilience