Empowering women to become leaders in the Australian Public Sector
In April 2018, Former Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull announced gender parity at the most senior level of government in the Australian public sector. It’s clear that women are making significant strides towards equality with men, but there is still a vast distance to go before all barriers have been erased. Sexism, the gender pay gap, unconscious bias and poor work culture still exist, and many women fail to secure leadership roles and achieve career goals.
The 7th Public Sector Women in Leadership conference will provide inspiration and guidance to aspiring and future leaders to excel in their careers. You will hear presentations and interactive discussions from female and male leaders who are pioneering change on a national and global stage.
Learn practical strategies to
- Become a resilient leader and lead with impact
- Strategically enhance your network and support other women
- Spot new opportunities in an evolving public sector workforce
- Overcome the demands on female leaders and the sacrifices they make
- Work with men to prioritise gender equality
Who will attend?
- Senior and aspiring leaders from all levels of Government
- HR, Diversity, Learning & Development, Inclusion and Cultural Change professionals
- Male Champions of Change
- Executive Leadership Teams
Attend to learn:
- Develop key strategies to build your personal & leadership skills
- Overcome barriers facing gender equality & diversity
- Changing the mindset to career planning & flexibility
- Inspiring stories from APS female leaders pioneering change