Maximise the effectiveness of learning spaces with tailored pedagogy
Modern schooling has transformed dramatically over the last two decades. The pressure for greater student outcomes has lead to innovation in both teaching and the learning environment it occurs in. However planning, designing and refurbishing learning spaces and implementing tailored pedagogy can be a long and often expensive journey for schools. Projects to develop new learning spaces require in depth planning and forward thinking to manage transformation and maximise outcomes for students in the long term.
The Connecting Innovative School Learning Spaces & Pedagogy conference is an essential opportunity for schools who are embarking on their learning space design journey. Whether you are planning, designing, implementing pedagogy, transitioning teachers or evaluating your space, you will take away key strategies and lessons learned from leading Australian schools at every stage of the learning space design journey.
What you will take away by attending
- Tips to maximise collaboration with architects
- Innovative plans and ideas on how to refurbish existing spaces on tight budgets
- Strategies to empower teachers for sustainable professional development
- Methods to utilise PBL, IBL & flip learning in environments suited to modern pedagogy
- Lessons learnt from schools on different stages of their learning space design journey
- Tools & frameworks in how to effectively measure learning space with student outcomes
Who will attend?
- 50% Principals, Deputy & Assistant Principals, Heads of School
- 30% Directors of Learning & Teaching
- 10% Facilities & Business Managers
- 10% Architects
Attend to learn:
- Plan, design & refurbish student centric learning spaces
- Introduce & transition teachers, students & parents to 21st century pedagogies
- Align modern pedagogy with new & repurposed learning spaces
- Assess & measure the impact of innovative learning environments with student outcomes