Practical insights to strengthen infection prevention & control
This conference is endorsed by ACN according to our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Endorsed Course Standards. It has been allocated 7 CPD hours according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia – Continuing Professional Development Standard.
As the hospital and medical staff are required to comply with updated versions of standard practices, pragmatic and evidence-based approaches are needed to engage all levels of staff. With the recent emergence of multi-resistant organisms such as Carbapenemase-producing Enterobacteriaceae (CPE) and Candida auris, effective infection prevention and control practices are more crucial than ever.
The 5th Annual Infection Prevention & Control conference will address how to strengthen communication between clinicians, executives and medical professionals, revisions to the standard 3 requirements, and how to deal with the emergence of multi-resistant organisms.
Key takeaways include
- Learn how to build a database to support staff health needs
- Build collaboration and engage different departments
- Manage MRO’s with transmission based precautions
- Identify gaps in your infection control program
- Analyse the role of surveillance in reducing HAI
- Develop organisational change with clinician engagement & support
Who will attend?
Healthcare professionals responsible for:
- Infection Control
- Infectious Disease
- Quality & Risk
- Clinical Governance
Attend to learn:
- Unpack the revised NSQHS standard 3 requirements
- Drive governance for infection prevention & surveillance
- Improve clinician engagement for infection prevention success