Are you applying outcomes based approaches?
Measuring the impact of government policies and programs is critical to maximising results for citizens. In order to achieve this, government departments and agencies that were once focused on outputs are undertaking a much needed transformation to become outcomes focused. While it is clear that outcomes based approaches are essential in ensuring the public sector effectively serves its citizens and achieves the desired impact, there are many challenges to successfully transitioning to this new way of working.
As a significant paradigm shift it requires reorganisation, cross-functional teamwork, and changes to planning, reporting & measurement. Pressure to establish these systems is on, with the NSW State Budget now based on outcomes, an outcomes reform agenda rolling out in Victoria and other jurisdictions likely to follow.
The Planning, Measuring & Strengthening Outcomes Based Approaches in Government conference will bring together leaders from across the public sector to identify practical strategies and discuss best practice approaches to develop a strong and successful outcomes focus, reimagining the way the public sector serves our citizens effectively and efficiently.
What will you take away?
- Case studies from leading departments and agencies who are implementing outcomes based approaches
- Tools and strategies for outcomes planning, measuring and reporting
- Learnings on how to grow an outcomes focused culture in your organisation
- Strategies for leadership and governance to get buy-in and drive outcomes
- Skills to manage outcomes based approaches that prioritise citizens interests
- Ideas to improve outcomes by effectively using data and evidence
Who will attend?
Directors, Heads of, Managers, Executives & Advisors of Federal & State Departments & Agencies, with responsibilities for:
- Corporate Planning
- Policy & Strategy
Attend to learn:
Embed & prioritise an outcomes focus across government
Strengthen culture, governance & leadership to achieve better results
Utilise data effectively to improve outcomes based strategy
Move from measuring outputs to measuring outcomes