With the Independent Review of the APS, the 2018 Independent Review of the PGPA Act, and the Morrison Government all putting a renewed focus on increasing the effectiveness of the Australian Public Service, there is increasing pressure on government departments and agencies to set clear performance indicators with stronger frameworks to deliver real outcomes for citizens. This means a major shift away from measuring outputs, and a new focus on impact or what is being achieved.
The Enhancing Government Outcomes and Performance Measurement conference is a unique opportunity to learn from best practice and hear strategic recommendations in performance measurement and outcomes-based approaches. It will provide a practical platform for improvement for public sector organisations from across Australia. You will take away essential insights to drive a cultural transformation to embed outcomes within your organisation and strategies to better measure the impact of programs and policies on your stakeholders.
Why you should attend:
- Exploring best practice approaches on the journey of integrating outcomes based approaches
- Establishing clear priorities & measurable performance expectations
- Identifying the right indicators & using data to monitor progress
- Meeting the challenges of outcomes & performance measurement with effective tools, methods & implementation
- Collaborating & communicating impact with diverse stakeholders both internally & externally
- Strategising to lead through change & grow an outcomes focused culture in your organisation
Who will attend?
Executive, Directors, Managers, and other leaders of Federal & State Government Departments & Agencies with responsibilities for:
- Corporate Services
- Project, Portfolio & Program Management
Attend and learn how to:
- Embed outcomes based approaches in government
- Align performance measurement with outcomes & strategy
- Understand what to measure & how to collect performance information
- Leverage data & performance insights for improvement
- Strengthen outcomes through effective stakeholder engagement
The Evaluator's Collective, Department of Social Services, Australian Evaluation Society
Department of Premier and Cabinet, NSW
Peter Ryan is in the Premier’s Implementation Unit supporting the Premier in driving delivery of the Government’s priorities. The unit provides oversight of progress, working closely with agency implementation teams to provide expert advice to support delivery, ensure risks are managed, and address barriers to progress. Peter’s career has a consistent theme around bringing evidence to bear on practice, specialising in program design and delivery.
Peter has spent a couple of decades developing outcomes for front line services in health, agency level programs, state (Premier’s Priorities) and national initiatives like Closing the Gap. Peter uses practical approaches designed to ensure impact and benefits are delivered to the customer and citizen.
Department of Home Affairs
What People Are Saying
I learnt many things over the course of the three days I attended. I feel that this is critical to all agencies and the future success of us all to deliverManager of Planning, Risk and Policy, NSW Rural Fire Service
It was a great experience to meet with like-minded cohort. I have picked up a lot from the speakers’ presentation that came with many case studies around how to work with their challenges that are very relevant to my work.Senior Policy Officer - Parks and Conservation, Office of Environment and Heritage NSW
I would highly recommend this conference. The speakers and presentations were innovative and inspiring.Assistant Director, Department of Social Services