Do you have strong governance practices to support you now & into the future?
In partnership with:
With the Royal Commission well underway and accreditation against the new Aged Care Quality Standards driving change at all levels, board members need to be equipped with a good understanding of the current challenges to help them make informed decisions for now and into the future. The need for effective governance and strong leadership is more necessary than ever before, with board accountability and governance under the spotlight in Standard 8 of the Aged Care Quality Standards.
To address these challenges, the 2nd Governance in Aged Care conference has been developed in partnership with COTA Australia and ACSA to support you to effectively lead and govern your aged care service into the future. You will walk away with a deeper understanding of what good governance structures and culture looks like in practice, and how you could apply this to your own organisation. You will learn how to optimise the relationship between the board and executive functions to ensure compliance, enhance accountability, better manage risk and drive continuous improvement.
What you will take away from this event
- New insights to get your board up to speed with the latest sector developments
- Learn how you can test & benchmark your governance systems ahead of the Royal Commission final report
- Examples of what Standard 8 looks like in practice
- Understand what it means to govern for vulnerable people
- An understanding of dignity of risk & what this means in practice
- Approaches to develop a balanced reporting system
- Strategies to enhance board capability & shift mindset from an operational to a strategic one
- Processes you can implement to strengthen clinical governance
Who will attend?
Chairs, Board Members, Non-Executive Directors & Chief Executives from Home, Community and Residential Care providers and Senior Leaders with responsibilities for:
Attend to learn:
- Proactively prepare ahead of the Royal Commission final report
- Strengthen leadership & embed fit for purpose governance structures
- Develop the skills & capabilities of your board
- Embed robust systems to better manage risk, build trust & transparency