Ensure the effectiveness of mental health strategies & respond proactively to mental health disclosures
Front line staff from first responder organisations like Police, Ambulance and Fire and Emergency services are at ongoing risk of mental health difficulties due to the cumulative exposure to work related traumatic events. This is in addition to the day to day personal and family stressors that can impact on mental health. Many organisations have already begun to take steps to drive positive mental health leadership from the top down and due to effective awareness and educational campaigns, more first responders are now identifying and disclosing concerns about their mental health.
However, despite a great deal of positive leadership, organisational culture and misconceptions about mental health can discourage disclosures and result in staff falling through the cracks. In addition to developing a proactive mental health and wellbeing strategy, first responder organisations must reduce the barriers to disclosure and streamline this process.
The Developing and Implementing Preventative Mental Health & Wellbeing Strategies for First Responders Masterclass is an opportunity to review your processes and policies for the mental health and wellbeing of your staff. Learn best practice for reducing stigma and discrimination, how to enhance health promotion for physical and mental health, and develop policies to ensure the wellbeing of those who disclosure a mental health concern.
Who should attend?
Directors, managers, officers and psychologists from Police, Fire and Emergency Services, Ambulance and other first response agencies with responsibilities for:
- Human Resources
- Health and Wellbeing
- Mental Health Services
- People and Culture
- Psychological Services
- Employee Assistance
- Critical Incident Response
Attend to learn:
- An understanding of the impact of leadership and workplace culture on mental health and wellbeing of staff
- The core components of an effective mental health and wellbeing strategies that protects your employees and your organisation
- How to address mental health stigma as a part of mental health and wellbeing promotion
- The importance of developing a holistic strategy that encompasses physical, psychological, and emotional health and wellbeing