Men play a crucial role in ending family violence. Most men are not violent and we need them to speak out and be positive role models. Men who are violent need to be able to engage with evidence-based interventions that will support change. This conference will bring together people from all over the country who are doing work in this space – or wanting to do work in this space – to explore how this can be achieved.
- One woman is murdered almost every week in Australia by a current or former partner
- Women are the majority of victims in intimate partner violence
- Men are the majority of perpetrators of intimate partner violence
WHO WILL ATTEND?
- Domestic/Family Violence
- Children/Child Protection
- Men’s Behaviour Change
- Violence Prevention
- Mental Health
- Drug and Alcohol
- Representatives of the Government, Community, Police and Justice sectors with responsibility for:
Please note, tickets to the two-day conference are sold out. However, there are still limited places to attend the workshops!
Attend to learn:
Improve primary prevention strategies
Enhance knowledge of interventions
Increase your understanding of perpetrator accountability work
Contribute to the agenda for change