Using demographic data to improve infrastructure & service delivery decisions
Dr Alison Taylor will deliver the Using Demographic Data to Enhance Decision-Making Masterclass to provide attendees with the skills to maximise the use of demographic data in their decision-making.
Attend to develop a deeper understanding of how to apply data in a meaningful way. You will learn how to analyse demographic data to identify critical evidence and how to then interpret and present data to enable and influence effective decisions.
Agenda highlights include:
- Exploring the different types of decisions and the impact that evidence can play in the decision-making process
- The how, what and when – getting the right demographic data to enable decision-making
- Demonstrating how demographic data can contribute to better infrastructure and service delivery decisions
- Interpreting data, analysing data and pulling it all together
This course is designed for individuals and teams involved in all types of service and infrastructure delivery and planning from:
- Local, state and federal government
- Organisations and associations involved in resourcing and planning services and/or infrastructure
Attend to learn:
- Where, when and how demographic data can most effectively be used to influence decision-making
- The nuts and bolts of using demographic data to understand the scale and nature of infrastructure and service delivery demand
- How an understanding of the broader context can highlight specific demographic pressure and identify compelling evidence
- Tips for analysing and presenting demographic data to tell a story in effective ways