Strengthening confidence in the industry
Over the last few years there have been a number of high profile cases of multi-storey buildings being poorly constructed, using non-compliant building products. In 2017 the construction industry was faced with the Grenfell Tower fire in London – a stark reminder of the narrowly escaped disaster at Melbourne’s Lacrosse Tower years earlier. More recently, an independent report has found multiple design and construction faults led to damage at western Sydney’s Opal Tower, and the fire at Melbourne’s NEO200 tower has brought focus back onto the cladding crisis.
The 2018 Weir and Shergold report highlighted the issue of non-compliant building products and made recommendations to improve compliance and enforcement of regulation in the industry.
With the myriad of changes and reforms happening in the industry, this must attend Strengthening Compliance & Enforcement in the Building Industry conference will give you the chance to hear from industry leaders on the most recent industry reforms.
- Understand how the Building Confidence report recommendations will be implemented across states
- Hear from government how you can navigate new legislations and reforms
- Learn how to implement best practice and reduce liability
- Have the chance to raise your concerns with government decision makers
- Find out what is being done to improve professional development within the industry
Who will attend?
- Industry bodies and associations
- Federal government
- State government
- Local government
- Strata & body corporates
- Certifiers, accreditors & surveyors
- Designers & architects
- Insurers & lawyers
Attend to learn:
- Improve regulation within the building & construction industry
- Mitigate risks associated with NCBP’s
- Improve accountability & compliance through professional development
- Including decision makers from Government on how they will be enforcing new industry regulations