Closing the opportunity gap
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students are outperformed at almost every level of schooling. At a grass-roots level this is influenced by school resources and teaching practices not being adequate enough for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to engage in a rigorous curriculum. This often results in students being diverted into a low track curriculum, with little exposure to the content needed to enter University, or develop the skills needed to sustain further education, training or employment.
The Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Education & Transitions conference will focus on strategies to improve educational outcomes and support transitions for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
Attend & learn how to:
- Engage parents & communities in children’s education
- Embed cultural knowledge in our schools
- Support through the challenges of transitioning
- Promote a positive sense of cultural identity
- Provide students with the skills they need to thrive
Who will attend?
- Catholic Education Offices
- Independent, Catholic & State Schools
- Career Services
- Associations & Peak Bodies
- TAFEs & RTOs
- State & Federal Government Departments of Education
Criterion is delighted to offer a select number of free passes to non-government organisations, people with disability, families and carers who would not ordinarily be able to attend.
Attend to learn:
- Improve community engagement in education
- Embed cultural awareness in teaching practice
- Support transitions into further education, training & employment