How are you tackling the challenges facing the aged care workforce?
In partnership with:
The skills, compassion and resilience of the aged care workforce has always been a critical factor in ensuring that elderly Australians receive the high quality, customer driven care that they deserve. Now facing accreditation against the new standards, a Royal Commission and increased scrutiny from the media, it is of crucial importance that providers ensure that they are attracting quality staff to the workforce. To do this, providers must tackle the negative perceptions of the aged care sector, develop potential for career progression in aged care roles, build a culture of engagement and better retain staff.
The Strengthening the Aged Care Workforce conference is running in Melbourne for the first time and will bring together residential aged care providers and home care providers to discuss how the aged care workforce can be grown and strengthened to meet the increased demands. This conference will delve into how providers can present the aged care sector to candidates as the workplace of choice, improve engagement and retention in the existing workforce, prepare to demonstrate compliance with the new standards and successfully transition to a customer centric market.
What will you take away from this event
- An understanding of how to promote aged care as the career of choice
- Solutions to overcome the challenge of training a casualised workforce
- Strategies to overcome negative perceptions of the aged care sector
- Ideas to embed customer centricity into organisational culture
- Insight into the use of mentoring & leadership to increase retention & engagement
- Case studies from industry leaders working to address shortages in the aged care workforce
Who will attend?
Chief Executive Officers, General Managers, Directors & Managers from Residential Aged Care and Home Care providers with responsibilities for:
- People and Culture
- Human Resources
- Talent Acquisition
- Learning and Development
- Practice and Quality
- Strategy & Planning
Attend to learn:
- Respond effectively to the biggest challenges facing the aged care workforce
- Attract & recruit a high quality workforce
- Build a customer centric organisational culture
- Train & upskill the workforce to deliver high quality care