Advancing the sector to provide sustainable & quality care for consumers
Developed in partnership with COTA and ACSA
During this period of change, aged care providers have to navigate the intense scrutiny of a Royal Commission. This follows several sanctions against aged care
providers failing to meet current quality standards. With the implementation of the new Single Aged Care Quality Framework and Standards on the horizon, it is imperative that providers are prepared. Strengthening the aged care workforce is the critical first step to meeting consumer expectations and delivering high quality care.
The 2019 Strengthening the Aged Care Workforce conference will provide practical strategies and ideas for improving the aged care workforce and guiding employees through the Royal Commission. Hear about innovative, award winning practices and contemporary solutions to become an employer of choice and a provider that is leading the way in care practices.
What will you gain by attending?
- Recommendations from policy leaders and peak bodies on the current challenges for the sector
- Strategies to recruit workers with both the practical and soft skills required for aged care work
- Lessons from innovative providers with tried and tested methods for becoming employers of choice
- Methods to meet Standard 7: Human Resources of the New Aged Care Quality Standards
- Insights into providing consumer-centric care and upskilling staff
Who will attend?
Executives, Directors, Managers and Business Partners from Home and Residential Aged Care Providers with responsibilities for:
- Human Resources
- People and Culture
- Talent Acquisition
- Practice and Quality
- Learning and Development
- Strategy and Planning
Attend to learn:
- Strategically respond to current issues facing the workforce
- Understand consumer expectations & deliver person centred-care
- Enhance recruitment & workforce planning across seniority
- Improve the employee experience & upskill workers to strengthen retention