As we wrap up for 2014 and reflect on the past year thoughts begin to look past the Christmas break and towards what is expected for 2015. I recently read an article in Marketing Magazine online which delved into the minds on Asia Pacific’s CEOs, CMOs and CDOs, gauging their predictions for marketing in 2015. The magazine pulled the excerpts from Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s Power 25 .
Here’s what they had to say about the changing marketing landscape in 5 predictions for 2015:
1. “In 2015, businesses will need to prioritise and focus on how to add genuine value to their customers’ lives.”
Linda Duncombe, Managing Director of Marketing, Digital and Customer Experience, Citibank
2. “In 2015, businesses will increasingly look to marketing for thought leadership.
Mark Lollback, Chief Marketing Officer, McDonald’s Australia and New Zealand
3. “In 2015, as technology continues to infiltrate businesses and social channels increase, organisations will need to focus on internal communications in order to be truly innovative.”
Louise Baxter, Chief Executive Officer, The Starlight Children’s Foundation
4. “In 2015, organisations will need to use data analytics to engage in extremely targeted conversations with customers.”
Simon Maizels, Chief Information Officer, Harris Farm
5. “The role of the traditional CMO or marketing director is over, marketers need to have an integrated view of the customer and be a digital expert.”
Kate Whitney, Global Digital Director, Pernod Ricard Winemakers
For more 2015 predictions check out our tertiary education predication’s here!