If you’re finding it more challenging than ever to juggle the responsibilities of your job, you’re not alone.
The demands placed on EAs change frequently so being effective and focusing on the things you can control is the key to success.
Over the last four years we’ve researched various topics with Australia’s top EAs and we’ve compiled these top 14 takeaways to stay sharp in your role:
- Invest time in improving your network. It’s vital and can assist you on both professional and personal levels
- Be informed because knowledge is power. To be well versed is an asset
- Drink more water and stay hydrated, aiming for at least 8 glasses a day
- Take time out to reflect on your achievements for the day, writing down your key highlights for future reference
- Try to connect with someone outside of day to day work that you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Be the problem solver. Never go to your boss with a problem, always a solution
- Work as part of a team with your colleagues; see them as allies not enemies
- Be internet savvy and learn new technology when you can
- Build good rapport with the IT department
- Be pro-active and anticipate your boss’ needs (always be 10 steps ahead)
- Communication, Communication, Communication!
- Keep came and take a deep breath. Don’t become attached to issues or situations
- Use your emotional intelligence – read your boss and the situation and act accordingly
- Laugh out loud every day – it is the best medicine