The Hospital Safety and Security Conference focused on Collaborating and communicating across departments to transform ethos & safety culture, Smashing the stigma to promote staff well-being & post-incident support, Encouraging staff reporting of incidents to drive data & inform funding and Breaking out of silos to encourage interdisciplinary & inter agency partnerships.
Dr Michael Tervit, Director Mental Health, Cairns & Hinterland Hospital & Health covered:
• Avoiding stigma – a patient’s right to dignity
• Appropriate Identification of risks
• Developing better methods to deal with mental health patients
Susan Harding, NUM, The Royal Melbourne Hospital covered:
• What are the consequences of not addressing your mental
health and well-being?
• Is there a stigma for healthcare workers in admitting to mental
• How to break out of these negative labels
Jim Snipe, Lead Trainer & Manager, The Alfred Hospital covered:
• From the boardroom to the coalface
• The survey that drove change – 2000 responses that informed
funding and implemented training
• From then to now – our hospital’s progress in dealing with violence
See what our Delegates got out of the day:
“Criterion Conferences are to be commended for the calibre, diversity and relevance of presentations. A thoughtfully curated conference. Excellent value.” – Jacqueline Ingram
“Excellent opportunity to meet industry subject matter experts with diverse back grounds to network with and share concepts that can facilitate best practice” – Benjamin Harris
A Special Thanks to our Sponsors for making the event a great one:
Don’t Miss out on our Next Hospital Conference, Financial & Operational Improvement in Hospitals, 23rd & 24th October 2018, Sydney Central.
If you would like to be kept in the loop for our upcoming hospital conferences, register your interest below.