Back in June 2014, I wrote a blog on Australia’s most influential Universities on Twitter and Facebook. Nine months down the track I thought it would be worth seeing who has made the most progress from those same Universities.
Progress is essential for every Australian University right now with the deregulation of higher education fees set to spark shifts in student decision making. Institutions are going to need more targeted marketing efforts and creative content to differentiate themselves from the competition. So who is really doing it?
Overall there are some massive shifts in the number of followers many of the Universities have acquired. But for me there are really two stand outs this time, including:
1. The University of Sydney have increased almost across the board:
– increase in Twitter followers by 36%
– 2nd most active tweeting over the last 30 days
– A Topsy Sentiment score increase of 14
– The most Facebook fans engaging
– World University Ranking increase of 12
2. Once again the University of Adelaide comes up high on my list for several key factors. They’ve had a massive jump in not only their world University Ranking but also their Twitter following whilst managing to increase their sentiment score and having the most engaged Facebook following among the list.
What strategies are you using to engage with your students on social media?
How does your University compare to the ten listed here?
The next conference in the Social Media in Tertiary Education series will take place in February 2016 – book soon to secure your place!