Dubbo’s CBD is now a hustling and bustling centre for activity, entertainment and leisure. It is rich in history, fashion, food and art. The retail offering in Dubbo is exciting and ever growing.
Dubbo’s Ignite project has been helped grow the community in Dubbo. A permanent light display has been installed at the Church Street Rotunda as a result of the feedback that the project coordinators got from the community.
There has been an announcement made by the Dubbo City Council, which has welcomed the announcement that the application for funding under the NSW Government’s Murray Darling Energise Enterprise Fund was successful.
Other highlights of the program that the council is working towards are:
- A brand new franchise for Dubbo called Zambrero, operating in the CBD which offers a wide range of culinary experiences.
- Church Street Cafe have added a new dimension to the business and have extended their trading hours.
“The Ignite program is dedicated to bringing an extra vibrancy and activity to the CBD and there are more exciting developments on the horizon,” says Nicola Chandler in a media release.
Learn about key strategies that the Dubbo Regional Council is using to attract more activities to the city centre including:
- Getting buy-in through consultation to develop a truly community owned plan
- Pop up programs to drive seasonal CBD visitation
- Cutting the internal red tape
Don’t miss Josie Howard, Manager of Economic Development & Marketing from Dubbo Regional Council at the Revitalising Town & City Centres Conference on the 25th and 26th June 2019 in Sydney. She will be sharing her insights on running the Dubbo Region Ignite project and its roadmap to success.