Cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote your invoice number to arrange this. The company regrets that no cancellations will be refunded, course documentation will, however, be sent to the delegate. For an event cancelled by Criterion Conferences registration fees are fully refundable.
Substitutions: Registered delegates may be substituted at no extra charge. Please notify us in writing at least 48 hours prior to the conference. Please email email@example.com and quote your invoice number to arrange this. Delegates may not "share" a pass between multiple attendees without prior authorisation.
Payments: Full payment must be received within 7 days of receipt of the invoice. To qualify for early bird discounts, your registration must be 'booked and paid' by the early bird date specified
Criterion Conferences reserves the right to cancel any conference for any reason and will not be responsible for airfare, hotel or any other costs incurred by attendees. No liability is assumed by Criterion Conferences for changes in program date, content, speakers or venue. For any queries related to payments or for any further general information please contact us on 1300 316 882 and our customer service representatives will be happy to assist.
Endorsers & Media Partners
Roses in the Ocean
To save lives and reduce emotional pain
For all people with a lived experience of suicide to feel confident accessing a range of services and supports which will empower them towards recovery in a timely, respectful and compassionate manner.
To empower people with lived experience of suicide to inform, influence and enhance suicide prevention.
Roses in the Ocean exists to save lives and reduce emotional pain
We do this by informing, influencing and enhancing suicide prevention through the lived experience and supporting organisations to effectively and meaningfully engage lived experience expertise.
Our focus is on
- Providing critical lived experience resources and expertise.
- Building a trained and supported Lived Experience “Workforce”.
- Facilitating their meaningful involvement in suicide prevention activities.
- Leading the evolution of engaging lived experience.
Roses in the Ocean values:
- life: our first value is life itself
- learning: opportunities for people to learn from those with lived experience
- health: a healthy life and positive behaviours make a difference
- connection: the best things in life are shared with those we care about
- openness & honesty: there has been too much silence
- collaboration: we don’t have all the answers but we can help